Tuesday, April 16, 2013

When you are right in the middle of THAT situation.

I guess when I grow older, I don't make a lot of friends as many as when I was in high school or college.
Even worse, some close friends turn out as foes through complicated matters and conflicts.
And maybe it's myself who like to set myself apart from those "reunion". For example; when I met one of my high school friend in the mall, I recognize him right away, and I know he's kind of questioning himself "Wait, is that...". But I discourage myself from saying "Hi" to him. I acted like I didn't know him at all.
Maybe based on that attitude, people starting to pull themselves away from me.

I think I personally try to avoid those cliche questions;
"What do you do now?",
"Have you married?",
"Why haven't you got married? Oh you must be really choosy when picking boyfriend!",
"You don't have boyfriend? Liar!",
And the typical of conversations with locals in Palembang who like to brag about their business;
"My job is....",
"I know this governor, that general, this coal mine boss",
"I made $$$ this month. How about you?"
Usually when I start to hear that kind of conversation, I feel I want to run away and hide.

And my recent confrontation was with a long lost "frenemy" (frien-enemy) that I've been trying to avoid to meet.
I know we live in the same city. I know apparently we'll meet each other one day. But, oh-my-Lord, why it had to be on that day?
The conversation went awkward, well, for me. And I could tell that I was putting a fake smile in my face.
I don't really know if he know our situation, but I think he's just too ignorant to know that I actually not so fond of him (anymore).
But thanks God it didn't last for too long. I got off from the scene and liberated myself.
Now I hope that I don't have to meet him again.

Mean? Probably I am. It's something personal to me. Yeah, I'm the kind of person who's rather picky in making friends.
But don't we're all like that? I mean, you can't befriended all of the human in this universe, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment