Wednesday, October 30, 2013

5 days in Tokyo (and beyond) – Pre-trip Drama.



The actual trip took place in August, but I had so many things going on after that, I forgot to write it down in here.

This trip was actually a spontaneous move that I did with my friend. I was actually planned to go to Japan on November. But the companion that about to go together are around 8 people of 2 families, and both of the families also related to each other. In other words, I’m the only stranger (in term of blood-relation) among them. Aside from that, I wasn’t too comfortable with that amount of people to travel with. Too many people = too many conflict of interest.

Around January or February, one of my friend (Dee) who works and lives in Singapore texted me, asked whether if I want to go to Japan during Hari Raya holiday, which was in early August.
I was so surprised and thinked that my dream of going to Japan was about to happen! But then Dee told me that she would have to confirm to me on how long the trip will be since she haven’t ask for her leave yet.
So I couldn’t proceed to book the ticket and hotel yet.
We were just guessing and roughly put a 7-day itinerary. I was doing all the research on the places that we wanted to visit. Yep, I’m that type of person who like to do the paperworks. HA!
I was so excited that I was done with the 7-day itinerary. I even timed out the hours and stuff. But then came the bummer, Dee told me that she only got 5 days off. I was a tad disappointed, but the plan must go on.
We squeezed everything in 5 days, including cutting down visits to other cities like Kyoto & Sendai. We just wanted to concentrate on exploring Tokyo & around.

While I was on a euphoria state, counting days to August, suddenly on April (if I’m not wrong) Dee texted me, said that she might have to cancel her Tokyo trip with me because her company got a big project ahead.
At that time, I felt like the time when I broke up with my boyfriend (kind of), the point is everything was so wrong that I almost couldn't think.
I was so confused, what should I do because the plane ticket was not refundable.
Then I asked my sis (DJ) whether she could accompanied me to Tokyo. Luckily, she agreed to do so. Only to found out that the cheap plane ticket was all sold out! So, she had to buy the (very) expensive one.
Few days after that, Dee informed me that their project has been postponed until further notice, meaning that YAY! WE’RE ALL GOING TO TOKYO! NO MORE PRE-TRIP DRAMA!
What a relief…*phew*
Everybody is happy, we’re going to Tokyo, yay! :D



No comments:

Post a Comment