Tuesday, October 22, 2013

I don't think I'm an adventurer (backpacker)

I've been reading blogs from foreigners who live in Indonesia, and most of them are English teachers. 
(FYI: I read and comments on their blogs, I'm not stalking them, get that straight!)
The thing that amazed me is, how they are so free-spirited, and they are dare to explore Indonesia until the very remote part of this country.

I'm talking about the life of backpacking travel. How they are willing to take a small-almost hole in the wall hostel, trekking inside the jungle, or even hike 'til the top of the mountain.
Their spirit for the adventure amazed me, and it really says: "life is short, travel more."

But I'm different. I love to travel, but I don't think I'm that backpacker type. 
Some of my excuses: 

I can't travel light
Seriously, this is my bad bad habit. I always stressing out on what clothes should I bring whenever I'm about to fly somewhere. At the end, it ended up too much at my suitcase.

Those small hostel/motel creep me out.
Not to say the effect of American's horror/thriller movies. But really, I don't like to sleep in a bed with dirty matreess and dirty bathroom. 

No time, no companion.
It said it all.

A habit from I was a little kid?
Every time there was an invitation to a school camping in the wild (during my elementary school days), my dad won't allow me to participate. Well, my dad is very protective to his daughters, even until now.

And because I already feel comfort in how the way I travel, I start to lose interest on the idea of 'backpacking'.

But that's my personal thought. Aside from it, to the English teachers in Indonesia, bravo to you guys and keep doing what you enjoy doing. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment