Friday, February 22, 2013

Bread Pudding.

I brave myself to bake bread pudding this evening. This is my second time baking this lovely dessert. The first bread pudding that I baked was okay. I think it lacked in term of volume, might as well because I haven't bought the right oven to bake.

I simply just follow whatever is written from here:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/best-bread-pudding-with-vanilla-sauce/ 


Turned out, my oven baked waaay longer than what the recipe told. (Well, as you know, baking time may vary depends on your oven.)
I think I had to bake it for at least 1 hour.
Then came the worst part. While cooking the vanilla sauce, I heard the 'ding' sound from the oven. So I rushed to check, got it out from the oven, put on the foil to cover the top, then put it back on the oven again.
I rushed back to check my sauce, and guess what? I left it for too long and it started to burn! I really want to curse at that time, because I hate when things go wrong! (Especially, with baking.)
I removed it from the heat, and tried to save whatever I could have. The sauce was now looking like a bowl of oatmeal or porridge *gah*.
So I have to strained all of the remaining sauce to get all the lumps out. Luckily, I managed to get quite amount of vanilla sauce.

Well, lesson learned; don't leave anything that is still cooking on the stove, even for a minute!

Other than that, my bread pudding with vanilla sauce is still edible. And the whole house is munching on it! Nothing makes me happy than other people are happily eating my desserts! :)

3 comments:

  1. Never made bread pudding with vanila sauce, so no comment with ur experience today. Wkwkwk, me myself also baked bread pudding today, but not really follow the recipe this time..
    And instead of using the oven, I used happy call. ( lazy dot com)
    When it's still cooked on the stove, it looked fine. Inflate perfectly.
    . So I think everything ok, I switch off the stove and leave it till its not hot anymore.
    After 30mins, I opened happy call and.....tadaaaa !! Perfectly deflating.
    That's why u don't see it at my propic bbm. Wkwkwk


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What is a "happy call" dear? I thought it's a payphone discount or something, lol.

      Delete
    2. Wakakaka,goshh.... I always admire ur thought about words !

      Delete