Monday, February 25, 2013

The 85th Academy Awards.

"Those actresses are so slim and tall, make them look like the Oscar statue."
As quoted from my lovely sister. And it's true. Plus, their shiny dresses (what? metallic is back in trend?) even make them look like the statue!

My experience on watching The Oscars is not so loyal. If I look back, there are some years that I just didn't care. And the others, I waited through the whole tv time.
And I always fail at trying to watch it live, ever since I moved back to Indonesia. I can't help it. It started in the morning!

So does this year. I ended up skipping the whole live show. But--not because I was still in bed. It was rather hilarious. As I switched my tv on, I saw the black screen with a blue pop up window with words:
NO SIGNAL RECEIVED. PLEASE WAIT OR CALL YOUR LOCAL OPERATOR IF PROBLEM PERSIST. 
(Or something sounds like that. You got what I mean.)
I want to laugh out loud, but of course I didn't or if I did my mom would asked whether I'm okay or not.
So, I just ignored it. Missing the Oscars didn't make me sad or anything. I continued to pack my stuff for Jakarta's visit. But once in a while, I switched the tv on again. Guess what? It was still like that. *sigh*
Well, thanks to the internet and my friend who keep me updated of the winners, without the cable tv.

At the end, I managed to watched the replay of the Oscars at night.

For those of you who need infos on the winner, here is the list from http://oscar.go.com

Best Picture - Argo
Actor in A Leading Role - Daniel Day Lewis (Lincoln)
Actress in A Leading Role - Jennifer Lawrence (Silver Linings Playbook)
Actor in A Supporting Role - Christoph Waltz (Django Unchained)
Actress in A Supporting Role - Anne Hathaway (Les Misérables)
Animated Feature Film - Brave
Cinematography - Life of Pi
Costume Design - Anna Karenina 
Directing - Ang Lee (Life of Pi) 
Film Editing - Argo
Original Score - Life of Pi 
Original Song - Skyfall 
Visual Effects - Life of Pi
Adapted Screenplay - Argo
Original Screenplay - Django Unchained 
Sound Editing - Skyfall
Sound Mixing - Les Misérables
Short Live Action Film - Curfew
Short Animated Film - Paperman
Production Design - Lincoln
Foreign Language Film - Amour (from Austria)
Makeup & Hairstyling - Les Misérables
Documentary Feature - Searching for Sugar Man
Documentary Short - Inocente

Sorry if I missed out any. Please check the website that I included above for the complete list.
Although, I think I already listed out all.

No comments:

Post a Comment